Sunday, June 17, 2007

Day 4:

Woke up early as usual, chicken fried rice for breakfast, problems waking up earlier, since the previous night we slept quite late, and there were people making a hell a lot of noise on the 5th floor. So we left early, started the 1 hour plus journey to the elephant conservation centre. I managed to sleep for the journey, but after a while, Vicks and Yang Jian started taking pics of me sleeping. Yeah so i was awaken, and for the revenge, started taking pics of Vicks with flash and without flash, and her sleep was disrupted, much to my pleasure. The mountain scenery was rather similar to that of the Malaysian highway. When we arrived, I used the toilet first, pretty revolting experience, and we took a shuttle bus for our elephant ride. It was nice ad bumpy. Elephants are rather scary when they climb up a semi hill and it was scary. Yang Jian and Fab wanted to film some funny documentary on the elephants, pretty funny, but never materialised. Time for the elephants to shower and we saw many apprentices getting the elephants to shower. The elephants were rather cute, blowing water all over the place and seeing the daughter helping her mother to bathe was an amusing sight. It was the elephant show next and it pained me to see the elephants like primary school kids, trunks to tails and in chains. But it was nice to see the elephant beating the drums using its trunk. During the show I bought an ice cream, and of course, the sawadee-kaaaaaaaaaaaaa (with a sexual tone) started from here. But I must say the elephants are rather talented artists and can really draw. We then left to see the young elephant and her mother at the hospital. Saw a infant naked baby girl. Not a pretty sight. I managed to acquire a glass sprite bottle, but broke it before it could even get to Singapore. Lunch at a restaurant run by a Singaporean, remarking to me that the black sauce in Singapore was much better than the 5 star black sauce in Thailand. He bought it from Ang Moh, a big mart that my family goes to every weekend. Mr Tham was saying that he ate there once a week because he missed Singapore food. Well then we went shopping at the Airport mall, everything overpriced, and nothing much. For a while, a group of us were considering to watch Pirates at the cinema, but wth, lack of response, so we went to the arcade where I played Pro Evo with Fab. Super boring place, so we just walked around, bought some cheap ice-cream from Dairy Cream, (and i managed to get my brother a Tasmanian Devil)then to KFC. Stupid dinner, not nice la... we were all full already. At night it was the Sunday Cultural Walk. Many stuff to buy. I was looking at some nice canvas pics but it was a bit too expensive for me at 500 Baht. But I managed to buy a model fender guitar and 2 nice fans. There were a lot of stuff to buy but did not have enough time to walk through, thanks to the people who said shop for 1 hour only... So then we went back to the hostel with all our buys... Zhang bought a canvas painting, then we went back to the hostel. It was really amusing to see Zhang pack. really. I broke that dammed Sprite bottle in the Hostel and I really loved it so much but... ohohoh!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home